Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 12, 2010

More crafts!

So, I've been a busy lit'l bee trying to get family presents done, baking, and our advent calendar has been going on too. I decided to make each kid their own personal present this year and when you have 6 of them, it takes a lot of careful planning-especially when they are home the whole month. I decided on an art display board for Alexis since she is all about the art. She always ask me where she can hang her new drawings and now she'll have a place. I just got a piece of molding and spray painted it black and did her favorite colors for the giant clothespins. I spray painted them blue and green and then modge podged scrapbook paper on top of them.
She can now hang it in her room and display all her drawings anytime she wants-at least when she gets it for Christmas.
I also made photo holders for her with the same scrapbook paper. I again spray painted wooden spools black and then added the paper.
I made cute little spirals out of wire and hot glued them to a wad of paper and stuck them in the top of the spool and voila...
Cute photo holders for my baby-well, she's not much of a baby anymore.
After almost 4 1/2 years of searching, I finally found an entry table that I'm in love with. It was on sale and in the exact color and size I needed/wanted. So, of course I needed to make some cute decorations to display on it. I'm in love with vinyl right now, so I made some cute glass blocks with a nativity scene on them. I also made some $store hurricane candle holders. I just bought a piece of glass and a candlestick and then glued them together and voila...
cute new decoration! This one is on our table in the dining room/craft room.
Here's the one I placed on my new entryway table. I can change them out for each holiday/season.

I stumbled upon this 3 pack of frames in the $ spot at target and thought I could do something with them and here it is. I just took some scrapbook paper and some chip letters I had and instant decoration. I can change it with EEK/BOO for Halloween too. Love multi-purpose decorations!
This one kinda got rushed, but I still like it. I just modge podged scrapbook paper on an old canvas I had laying around, put the believe letters on it, and sprayed it with glitter(the picture doesn't do it justice, it's quite sparkly).
So these are just a few of the projects I've done this past week. I also finished up all the in-law presents, but I can't post them, just in case they still read this blog.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment