Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Farmer's Market fun keeps me busy

I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this time of year. We have a fun farmer's market just around the corner from our house and this year I took the older girls with me to pick out our produce. We had so much fun, and they were in awe at all the veggies, fruit, bread, and chili cook-off. We got a box of tom, peaches, pears, and apples. We also got a little basket of a mix of plums, pears, peaches, and apples just for eating. We then go a bunch of peppers, onions, 2 zucch, potatoes, and corn. I've been pretty busy the last couple of days. I made 20 jars of yummy salsa, 13 jars of peaches, 13 jars of pears, some fresh salsa for Eric to eat NOW, a chocolate zucchini cake, 2 loaves of zucchini bread and lastly 2 loaves of banana bread. I still need to make the apple sauce and some more bread-pumpkin choc. chip, lemon poppy seed, apple spice, and a choc. choc. chip bread. It's a good thing I have a free weekend coming up. I enjoy the baking and canning, but I must admit it is A LOT harder to do with a newborn. I have to do it in shifts in between feedings, so it takes longer, but I LOVE the end result. I just LOVE fall! HAPPY FALL TO EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment