Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 18, 2010

Trying New Things!

So this lovely three day weekend was one filled with trying out new concoctions I've had in my head. I tried making more chinese food and I put a spin on a cake recipe and pie recipe.This is my beef and broccoli and it was scrumptious-dilly-umptious!
Lemon meringue cupcakes. I made cupcakes(lemon and used lemon juice in the batter instead of water)and filled them with lemon filling and then a dollup of meringue. They were a huge hit!
Black Forrest cupcakes! Umm umm GOOD! These are devils food cake with a cream cheese filling layered with cherry pie filling and then topped with whip cream, a cherry, and mini chips. These also were a huge hit!

I just love when ideas in my head actually turn out when I make them. I had a good baking and cooking weekend. I love when I get the time(all thanks to the hubby for keeping an eye on the kidlets)to enjoy one of my passions.

No comments:

Post a Comment