Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Washington Trip

Bella and I had a blast on our trip to Washington. I went for my cousin, Christina's, graduation. I couldn't be there for the actual graduation-this Friday, but I went for her family party and to visit them all. I last saw my cousins when Eric and I got married 12 1/2 years ago. I saw my aunt 5 years ago at Christian's funeral, so it's been a long, long, long time. My cousins were little kids and now they are all grown up. Man, time flies when you're having fun. Funny story about the pic below. This is my cousin Dan. He's 21 and refuses to hold babies. He scared to DEATH that he'll drop them. He loved Bella, and as you can see, he held her. Awww, so cute.This is my aunt Sue-Sue. That's what I called her when I was little. Now, it's just auntie Sue. She was smitten with Bella, but then who wouldn't be with this adorable, beautiful girl. She pulls everyone in her who comes across her.
Eventhough it rained, a lot, it was beautiful in Renton. It stopped raining just in time for Christina's party, which was good, cause it was outside. I'm in love with their house, because the backyard is actually a forest. LOVE IT!!! It has a grass area, but then behind it are huge, big, trees and into the forest you go.
Here's all three of my cousins. Christina, Dan-holding Bella again, and Micah-the oldest and he's married now to a cutie-potootie gal, Becca.

Christina cutting her grad cake from Costco. Bella was in pure heaven because she just loves, loves, LOVES cake.
Bella, just lovin' finding new "toys" to play with. She also loved their cat, Cole, unless he came right up to her face, then, not so much.
This is what I woke up to one morning. Yep, those are deer in the backyard. Right smack out the door. My aunt sent me out to scare them off, because they were eating her flowers, but they WERE NOT scared of me. They just stood there starring at me. I have never seen deer in a backyard before. Bella loved them and crawled right up to the door talking away at them. She had a blast. I was so sure she would be scared because it's a new place and a whole lot of new people, but she loved them all. My family loved her to death and were sad to see her, I mean us, go.
We went to the locks in Seattle, the neatest thing ever. I have never seen this before, but they lower and raise water so the boats can pass through. This was one of the big fishing boats that they raised the water for. So cool! Bella just loved trying to climb over the fence, and Christina, well, she just loved holding Bella. They were best buds the whole trip. It's funny, Christina's baby pic looks just like Bella. Cutie Patootie girls.
And here's the cutie patootie newlywed couple. I call them that, because they are only reaching their 3rd Anniversary this summer. That's Becca, Micah's wife. She's real nice and sweet. Good match for my cuz. They've been together since 8th grade, WOW!!
The boat as the water raises up. Very cool to see and watch the boat raise up over you. Big fishing boat. Oh yeah, side note, I saw one of the Deadliest Catch boats docked in Seattle. Those are some big boats, whoa! The Time Bandit apparently comes into Seattle quite a bit.
A trip into Seattle wouldn't be complete without a pic of the space needle. It was a rainy day so we just drove by, but man, the city is an awesome place. Loved it and we had a blast. I can't wait to go back in a year or two with my whole clan. My aunt is gonna put us up and probably go a little crazy with my wild bunch, but it will be a fun time to let them all see all the kids.

Sweet Bella all tuckered out by the crazy, fast trip. She was so good and was an excellent little flyer. On the way there she played with the window, ate a snack and had some juice. She didn't squawk at all. On the way back, as soon as the plane took off she fell asleep and didn't wake up until we touched down in SLC. Good times and I was very glad she was so good and proud too cause there were 3 other babes on our plane that didn't do as well as her. Quick trip, but had tons and tons of fun. Hope to go back soon!

1 comment: