Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Showing some extra love for the hubs

I decided I wanted to take a different approach to our date nights. I wanted to do some fun, eventful, dates, so every month I will take a little more time in planning our nights out.
We have usually just set up dinner and a movie, or dinner and chatting. Don't get me wrong, we love getting out, and we haven't been doing it much until late, but I wanted to show the hubs how much I love him with spending some time coming up with funny themes for our dates.
We had been talking about the "choose your own adventure books" with Alexis and we were sad that she had never heard of them before. An idea popped into my head for a theme for our date. I also thought it would be nice if we made it a double date with our friends Liz and Scott. It's nice that the hubs and Scott get along SO well. It's like they were cut from the same cloth.
Any who, here's the invite I gave him a week before our date night. To say the least, he was quite intrigued and excited.
I made up rhymes/clues to 5 different restaurants the boys both liked and they had to choose which one they wanted to go to. On our way there we had car tasks that everyone had to do. We did things like sing "Popcorn popping on the apricot tree" with exaggerated hand gestures , rock out to "talk radio", party and dance with blaring music until the light changes, etc. Then when we got to the restaurant we had restaurant tasks. Each of us chose one out of an envelope and had to complete it before dinner was over. We then had 5 rhymes/clues for our activity and the boys had to choose which one they wanted do. We ended the night with dessert at Sonic. We all had a blast and laughed all through the night.
This is what I gave the hubs for just lovin' him this month. I filled it with some of his favorite candies(which are gone now) and he was surprised when he came home and found it. I'm just glad he enjoys the little things I do for him and I need to remember that it was the two of us before our crazy bunch arrived. So here's to showing the hubs a little affection and appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment