Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

All my groceries from my new found love of "couponing"

So a very good friend of mine turned me onto the wonders of coupons and saving a ton on my groceries. I've been trying it now for almost 2 weeks and absolutely LOVE it! I check a couple of blogs daily on new deals around the stores and also print out coupons on websites. I don't subscribe to the papers yet, but that is my next step. Apparently, you get 4 or 5 subscriptions and combine all the coupons and can get like 50-60% off of everything. So far I've been doing that with just my coupons and ads. The trick is see what's on sale and use the coupons for those items and see if any of the stores have their own coupons as well. What you see on the table is what I did today at Target. I got all of this for only $23, when it should have cost me $61. I found out through one of the blogs(hip2save.blogspot.com) that Target matches other stores ads and so I used Walgreens' ad and clipped Target coupons, and printed off manufacturer's coupons(coupons.com)and saved a bundle. Today I got:
8 boxes of general mills cereal
3 boxes of nature valley granola bars
4 big bags of chex mix
2 8pk go-gurt
2 8 ct. poptarts
2 kellogg's fruit snacks
2 boxes of gerber baby rice cereal
2 pk bounty paper towels
The cereal alone without all the coupons and ad-matching would have cost me $24. So, to say the least I'm very proud of myself and it is like a contest for myself to see just how much I can save. Last night I received an email about a deal with restaurants.com to purchase a 12 month dinner club plan for only $12. That's a 90% savings. We get a $25 gift certificate to use at any participating restaurant once a month, and for choosing the plan we received one $50 gift cert. for free. So I spent $12 for dinner cert. that total $350. My best find yet. So far these past two weeks I have spent only $208(we had to buy diapers and wipes, which I also got a deal on)and I have saved $167. I LOVE this couponing! This is really helping us out a lot since my kids are growing and they are eating us out of house and home, not to mention a newborn going through diapers like crazy. Sorry for the long post, but I was so excited about today's deals I got, I just had to share. Ta ta for now.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, congrats on you new found hobbie. I wish I had patience to do that...maybe I'll have to talk more about it with you..thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete