Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

Another Yummy Recipe!

Yummy Costa Vida Chicken Soft Tacos! And oh man, they were so tasty! This is a quick crock-pot dinner so I'm sure I'll be making it a ton this summer.
This is what the inside of my taco looked like. I also threw together some mango salsa, because I didn't have any on hand and it goes really well with this chicken.

Costa Vida Chicken
5 chicken breasts
16 oz of italian dressing(I make my own and used two recipes of it)
1 Tbsp of chili powder
1 Tbsp of cumin
garlic powder or 3 minced cloves of garlic if you have it.

You mix the dressing with the spices. Place the chicken in your crockpot and cover with the dressing mix. I cooked it for 6 hours on high shredding the chicken at around 5 hours. This made a lot, so I just froze the rest of it for another night's dinner.

For the mango salsa all I did was take some pineapple chunks(about 1/3 of a 20 oz can) and dried mangoes(about 20) and chopped them up together. I added some of the pineapple juice mixed it all together with some of my bottled salsa from last year's canning session and voila...my own mango salsa. I added a little frank's red hot sauce because we like things a little spicer at our house. I then chilled it for about 30 minutes and it was perfect. Very simple and easy for me because I had all the ingredients on hand, but if you don't just buy some mango salsa. The tacos really taste better with the mango salsa instead of just plain old salsa, but to each's own taste buds right! Eat and Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I tried this recipe last night for dinner since it looks sooo good on your blog. It was soooo easy and soooo GOOD! Thanks for sharing! It is definitely a keeper. Now I want to try all your other recipes. YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete