Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

FHE fun with a refresh lesson/activity!

We finally started our Family Home Evenings up again. It's been a trial for us to keep it going consistently with everyone's schedule, but I'm determined to make it work. This week's theme was Do As I'm Doing. Thanks to my lovely dad for making me a little anal about how stuff is done and cleaned/straightened I decided to refresh my kids in how stuff is suppose to be done. We started with the song "Do As I'm Doing," then Laney opened us up with our prayer-such a cutie that one. We then discussed who we are suppose to follow, i.e. mom, dad, Jesus, teachers, and yes even brothers and sisters-if they are doing what is right. So the activity went like this... we learned again how to vacuum, make a straight bed, and tie our shoes. The kids had to watch how I did it and then repeat it exactly the same way. I even tricked them with some stuff and questioned way things were done. The kids had a blast and then came the TREAT...
Both Alexis and Kaleigh were assigned this one. They made our lovely family SLIME! Yummy,yummy!
Silly girls!
We learned, loved, laughed, and had some good eats! A very good and productive FHE!
SLIME RECIPE
1 small box of pistachio pudding(dry mix only)
1 c of sliced strawberries
1 lrg can of crushed pineapple
8 oz. cool whip
1/3 bag of mini marshmallows
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir until everything is well mixed. Chill for at least 30 minutes and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment