Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Treats and Recipes!

Have you ever had a GIANT chocolate Costco muffin? Aren't they just yummy! Well I just love, love, love these muffins, but they are so big and I have a hard time stopping once I've started eating one that I end up eating the whole thing. This is SO not good for me, but I have stumbled onto a way to make my very own Costco chocolate chip muffins, but I make them normal sized. They are SO YUMMY! I won't be buying Costco's muffins anymore, because not only are they better tasting, but they cost way less. And if any of you know me, I'm all about frugal things and finding ways to make, and get things cheaper.Aren't they beautiful? Tasty too! So here's a really great recipe for making these:
devil's food cake mix
small box of chocolate pudding
3/4 c of sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c of water
1/2 c of oil(I used a little less than this though)
3 eggs
2 c. of chocolate chips(semi-sweet works best)
Mix all the ingred. together except choc. chips. Then add chips. I put liners in my muffin pans and filled them about 3/4 of the way. I baked them at 375 degrees for 17-20 minutes and voila!
You have 24 small, but GREAT chocolate muffins! Enjoy!

This is what I made for Sunday night's dessert. Every Sunday we have an extravagant dessert. I made dark chocolate brownies(from a mix-Ghirardeli)with chocolate chips, homemade vanilla ice cream drenched with Old Fashioned Hot Fudge Sauce. YUMMMM! I don't like store bought fudge sauce due to I think it is too heavy so I've monkeyed around with making my own over the years and this recipe is the one I like best. It is very light, but oh so chocolaty!

Oh man! Just look at that chocolaty goodness! Here's my recipe for this yummy goodness:
2 c sugar
4 Tbs. flour
2/3 c of cocoa(I use ghirardelli cocoa and choc mix)
2 c milk
4 Tbs. butter
2 tsp. vanilla

Whisk dry ingredients and set aside. Combine milk, butter, and vanilla in a saucepan and heat until butter is melted. Add the dry ingredients and boil until the sauce has thickened and is smooth-about five minutes. Cool down for about five minutes-it will thicken a little more, and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment