Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day 2010!

I love and hate this holiday. It's bittersweet with the missing one of my children and loving what my other children come up with for their mommy presents. I love getting their cute handmade gifts and love seeing them sing in church, but I always brace myself for tears due to music that always seems to touch me. All in all I only broke down once during church this year and smiled the rest of the day at my lovely little darlings. I am amazed by all my children and am very proud to be their mom.My kiddos handmade gifts for me from school. We as a family decided to give Eric's mom a handmade, heart-felt, gift this year too. We made a love jar for her and filled it with thoughts, thanks, and love for her. We decorated a small mason jar and then I asked all the kids what they liked about grandma. I typed them all up and cut them into strips and filled the "love" jar. Eric and I put a bunch of thanks, thoughts, and things we love about mom in the "love" jar too. I really appreciate my MIL and I'm glad she has stepped into the role of "mom" for me as well. I don't have a relationship with my own mom, but my MIL is the greatest. She makes up for what I lack in my life and I look forward to the month of May to show her my appreciation and love for her.
Our "love" jar

We made a butterfly bookmark for Eric's grandma to go with the butterfly card we made for her for Mother's day. Our card had our family's picture on it as well as Christian's on the back. We love all the mothers in our life and our very glad we have them to lead us, love us and guide us.

My lovely little family also gave me flowers for Mother's Day. They are the best kind, they will last a long time because they are perennials that were planted in our front yard in our new butterfly/hummingbird garden that we just planted this weekend. I love the thought of what the garden is going to look like in a couple of months when the plants grow. I am a loved mommy and wife and love my kids and hubby.

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day and showered the mothers in your life!




No comments:

Post a Comment