Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 24, 2010

The hubs turns 36!

The lovely old man turned 36 this weekend and I just had to surprise him once again. The hubs has always, always wanted to go to a mystery dinner theater show, so that's exactly what he got. I took him to see "Godfather of the Bride." It was put on by a company called Hunt's Mysteries at Spaghetti Mama's. He had no idea until we got there and walked in. He thought we were just going to dinner with some friends and that was it. We walked in and he was stunned. Heck, I am still stunned that I kept it hush, hush for 3 WEEKS! That's impressive for me. I am horrible at keeping surprises for a long time. He had a blast, as did the rest of us, especially when he got to play a part in the show as a police officer. Funny stuff!
Here's the man of the hour ready and roaring to blow out his candles on his "36" cupcake cake.
He wanted me to just make some rum sauce for the spumoni ice cream he picked for his birthday treat, but the kids really wanted a cake, so I made these rainbow cupcakes with chocolate frosting. Oh man, were they good, too good, you know I only have 4 weeks left until the big 5K, so I need to watch it or I'll have to be pushed to the finish line.

Here's what these beauties look like in the middle. The kids thought they were awesome as well as the big kid of the house. Here's to many more birthdays for the hubs. Many more happy, and healthy lifetime moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment