Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New Recipe-my take on banana foster

Yummy!
Doesn't this look good. I love trifles and so do my kids. I have had a dessert on my mind for awhile-bananas foster. It's super yummy, but I really didn't want to make it in a pan and all so I thought trifle form.
This is banana cake with caramel sauce and banana cream. So, so, so YUMMY!
First you bake a cake and mix ripen bananas into the mix. Yep, I just used an old plain yellow box cake mix. Instead of using the water I substituted lemon juice. It brings the fruit flavor out more. I mixed in 5 banans with the cake mix and then baked it following the cake mix instructions. I then cut it into squares adding half to the bowl for the layer of the trifle.


The first layer of the trifle

Then I poured half the caramel sauce mix over the cake.
Caramel sauce:
1 tub of caramel dip(I used my free Marzetti tub)
Half a can of sweetend cond. milk
2 tsp of vanilla
1 tsp of almond extract

Boil in a saucepan for about 2 minutes just to warm it all up.

Then comes the creamy, delicious, banana cream filling.
1 small box of instant banana pudding(make it with only half the amount of milk it calls for)
add 8 oz of cool whip to it and fold it in
Voila! Banana cream filling
This is what it looks like after it is put together. I saved some of the caramel sauce to just add a little somethin', somethin' to the top. I then sprinkled the crumbs that were left in the cake pan to also make it look prettier. Ooh baby, this is a yummy, easy, quick dessert that feeds a crazy bunch like mine!

Here's what it looks like inside with all the layers. Oh, man I wish I was skinny so I could just eat this whenever I wanted. My hips sure do not appreciate things like this. Eat and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment