Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tasty pizza night!

Yummy, pizza night!
This is what I hear from all my kiddos when we decide to do pizza. This time I decided to do a fruit pizza for dessert as well.
Doesn't it just look yummy?
Trust me it is, and it's so easy to make.
It is a sugar cookie base topped with the best fruit dip and then fruit of all kinds. We finished ours off with some chocolate drizzles. Who doesn't like chocolate with their fruit!
Here's how it looks step by step. I made sugar cookie dough(it's the best by far, trust me I've tried at least a dozen recipes and I like this one the best) and flattened it on a pizza pan and baked it at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. Then I spread the fruit dip on top once the cookie was cooled.
Then top with any fruit you like. We had pineapple rings, strawberries, and mandarin oranges. Yummy, I just love the combo of all these.
Isn't she just gorgeous. But, she wasn't quite done yet.

We melted some milk chocolate chips and drizzled it all over. The kids thought this was the best part. Oh man, the best dessert ever!
This is what it looked like sliced. It was enjoyed by everyone.
Sugar Cookie Recipe
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and extracts and mix. Add flour and baking powder and mix well. Bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes(if using for cookies)
Fruit Dip
2 6 oz. strawberry yogurt
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup of powdered sugar
1/2 tub of cool whip-8 oz tub
Mix cream cheese and powd. sugar. Mix in yogurt and then fold in cool whip. Chill until ready to spread on pizza, or ready to dip fruit in.




BBQ Chicken Pizza
Yummy and easy. I used rhodes bread dough for the crust and spread it on a pizza pan. Then I spread on our favorite BBQ sauce(Joe Morley's)all over. Then shredded baked chicken and mozzerella cheese. You can put red onion on it too, but most my kids don't like it so I left it off. I baked it at 350 degrees for about 17 minutes. D-E-L-I-S-H!!!
Eat and Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment